Little Heath School

SEND Travel Assistance


Some children and young people are dropped off to school and picked up by parents/carers. However, we recognise that a lot of our families use SEND Travel Assistance, provided by the Local Authority.

This is not a school organised service and therefore parents need to follow LA processes which include online applications, including if a pupil moves to another provision or moves house.

Please note, there is no automatic entitlement to travel assistance, even where a child attends a special school, or has a Statement of SEND or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Parents/carers are required to apply for the Travel Assistance directly to their Local Authority.

To apply for Home to School/College Travel Assistance please contact your local authority.

If you live in Redbridge, you can find further information on the LA (Redbridge) website or by clicking the following link:


Redbridge - SEN Home to School Transport


The contact details for those using Redbridge transport is:

Contact Name:      SEN Home to School Travel Assistance

Telephone:            020 8708 8214 (child in school)

                            020 8708 8215 (child in college)

                            020 8708 5001 (out of hours)



Address:                4th Floor Front

                            Lynton House 255-259

                            High Road


                            IG1 1NN


Independent Travel Training (ITT) 

Redbridge Council provides an Independent Travel Training (ITT) Programme designed to foster independent travel skills in young individuals. This initiative enables them to confidently, safely, and competently navigate the journey to and from school or college independently.